There are various situations where our overseas clients may wish to rent a house or apartment in the UK.
For example, they may be on a temporary work assignment over a number of months or even years and need a suitable home to relocate, accommodate themselves and their family.
Or their children may be coming here to study. The English private education system is universally acknowledged to be the finest in the world. Our clients increasingly recognise this and regularly send their children to study here in the UK, sometimes when they are as young as eight and continuing through their teens until they are ready to enter into higher education.
Often, one or both parents will wish to accompany their young children to the UK to ensure they are provided with a secure and loving home life as well as a superb education.
Typically, our clients are looking to rent a fully-furnished, two- or three-bedroomed house or apartment, located in a prime residential area, close to their work or their child’s school or college.
Whether their children are weekly boarders at school or day students it is reassuring for them to know that they have a family “home away from home” available to them during their relocation stay in England.
Once you have engaged us, our home-finding services will include:
- Sourcing a selection of suitable residential properties for you to rent within your available budget;
- Preparing a recommended shortlist of available properties and taking you to see them;
- negotiating on your behalf with the owner or his agent all of the commercial and practical terms of the tenancy;
- reviewing the tenancy agreement with a local lawyer;
- ensuring a smooth and seamless completion of your tenancy agreement within a realistic timetable – typically three to four weeks from the time you have chosen a property which you wish to rent.
For a one-off additional fee, we will:
- register you with the utility companies supplying electricity, gas and water and with the phone companies who offer telephone and broadband services to your home;
- enrol you with the appropriate local government authority for the payment of local council tax . This is collected to pay for local services such as education, rubbish collection, care for the elderly, the police and fire services. The average annual cost of Council Tax is about £1,500.00 depending on the location and value of the property;
- arrange for a government television licence to be issued in your name permitting you to watch “free to air” television channels in your English home it is an offence to have a television receiver in your home without a current television licence which presently costs £145.50 for 12 months;
- if required, obtain a television subscription to enable you to enjoy satellite or cable television programming.