Welcome to our website.
The terms ‘DPA Agency Limited’, ‘DPA’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is at 7 Old Town Square, Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6DY, England. Our company registration number is 9465497 and the place of registration is England.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice set out below, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) harmonises data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK is leaving the EU,the Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is DPA Agency Limited of 7 Old Town Square Stratford on Avon CV37 6DY, England.
Who we are and what we do
We offer a comprehensive residential property consultancy service. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and live client contacts seeking to acquire, rent or sell residential property in the UK;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you solely for the purposes of carrying out our core business and ancillary activities.
What we collect from you
DPA collects Personal Data directly from you (via email, website forms, phone, and email or otherwise) as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted under the GDPR legislation. Subject to this applicable law we may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including phone number and email address
- links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g LinkedIn and corporate website
- for UK Money Laundering and other compliance purposes, your CV or resume, employments, educational details and qualifications, and third party references such as those of previous landlords
- your preferences, e.g. preferred area for relocation, areas of interest as well as your preferred ways to be contacted by DPA
- other information relevant to marketing information and roles
- other information, such as information found from public sources. This will only be in the case of legitimate interest (please see Our Legitimate Business Interests below).
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data are as described below:
- As a residential property consultancy we introduce prospective tenants, purchasers and sellers to landlords, sellers and purchasers and their respective agents for our clients’ temporary or permanent residential requirements. The exchange of personal data of our clients and client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
- In order to support our clients’ property rental, acquisition or sale aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs, we require a database of client personal data containing historical information as well as current requirements.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective clients and client contacts. Due to the nature of our business we will never store your personal data for a period longer than 5 years without contacting you in this time to receive explicit consent.
When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language and other such information. When you use our services or otherwise interact with us over telecommunications networks, certain additional information, such as your mobile telephone number, may be transmitted to DPA by the telecommunications operator as a standard part of that communication.
Purposes of, and the legal basis for, the processing
DPA will collect, use, store and otherwise process your Personal Data for the purposes of DPA’s consultancy and any ancillary activities. Additionally your personal data may be processed for other purposes you have consented to such as marketing information or other information we think will be of legitimate interest to you. We may also use your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a landlord, vendor, purchaser or agent as well as processing your data for internal marketing communications.
Should we want, need or rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email, or by an online process for the specific activity that we require consent for and record your response on our system. Whenever necessary and subject to statutory record-keeping requirements, DPA will delete and/or anonymise Personal Data that is no longer needed. If there has not been any recent activity between yourself and DPA, we may delete your profile after a reasonable time in compliance with the GDPR legislation.
In further detail, DPA will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Communicating with you, in context of recruitment activities, such as:
- To obtain additional information where necessary;
- To inform you of available properties;
- To provide you with information relating to your aspirations and to fulfil your requests.
In the course of our activities, we may use your information:
Managing activities related to organisational planning.
In the course of our activities, we may use your information:
- To set up and conduct viewings and assessments;
- To evaluate and select suitable properties for you;
- To conduct background and credit checks and assessments as required by landlords or as permitted by applicable local law;
- To contact third party references provided by you to evaluate your previous conduct as a tenant or as may otherwise be necessary in the context of our activities.
Development of services
We may use your Personal Data to develop and improve our working processes, websites and other related services. Where feasible, we use aggregated anonymous information in context of the development activities.
Legal and regulatory compliance, including obtaining and releasing Personal Data as required by law, judicial organizations or practice in order to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.